We are a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 11217245) under the name Mugshotz Design Ltd; the address of our registered office is 20-22 Wenlock Street, London, N1 7GU. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number ZA420773). Mugshotz has designated a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at our registered office.
Mugshotz is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its Site and App. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you visit the Site or App, buy Products from us or otherwise provide your personal data to us. It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
Mugshotz may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What personal information do we collect about you ?
When you access and move around Mugshotz, register an Account with Mugshotz or purchase a Product from Mugshotz, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- A username and password;
- Name, date of birth, age and sex;
- Billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- Your Images and other User Content;
- Correspondence with and from Mugshotz;
- Your preferences about receiving communications from Mugshotz;
- Information about your use of Mugshotz, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send them a Product). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us.
When you sign up to Mugshotz and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows Mugshotz:
- To provide the Mugshotz service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- To create personalised Products selected by you;
- To associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- If you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- To tailor aspects of Mugshotz (including its search function and offers) to you;
- To process payments you make for Products;
- To pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- To provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- To contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Mugshotz itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your Mugshotz order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the Site or App, or contact our customer services team.
If you are asked to provide a phone number for a Product you are ordering, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order – and (unless you specifically opt not to permit this) will appear on your order's packaging – to assist with the delivery process. If you do not wish your phone number to be used in this way, then please do not provide a phone number when placing your order.
We may use automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Mugshotz. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Mugshotz you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Mugshotz. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Mugshotz, and to help target aspects of Mugshotz and advertising to you more accurately.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Information technology (hardware and software) companies
- Payment processing companies
- Manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers
- Delivery and courier services
- Fraud prevention companies
- Advertising and marketing services companies
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- Mugshotz, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Mugshotz about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) Please be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom; however, we always require that third party data processors deal with your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice. Any transfers are done in accordance with the standards laid down by the EU Commission and/or decisions of the European Court of Justice.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (known as a Subject Access Request)
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request)
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing
To discuss any of these rights, please contact Customer Services on email@example.com
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In our case, this is the Information Commissioner's’ Office in the UK. Details of how to contact them can be found at ICO.org.uk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Mugshotz through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Mugshotz Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 4th July 2018 Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this Notice.